The majestic beauty of Bolton Abbey nestles comfortably in the arms of the Strid Valley
where the remains of the C12 Augustinian priory still exert their indomitable presence on the
hills and dales of lower Wharfedale.
Sheep quietly go about their business seemingly oblivious to the beauty behind them
The Parish Church of St Mary and St Cuthbert
The nave of the Abbey Church has been in use since 1170 and survived the
Dissolution of the Monasteries in the C16